Are you interested in working in a fast-paced industry, shaping the future of live media content production? Do you want to build innovative tooling that supports the very latest emerging technologies within the broadcast and video production industries?
PHABRIX builds reliable and versatile test and measurement solutions that allow broadcasters and content creators to commission, debug and monitor their video-delivery systems and content workflows. We deliver innovative rasterizer and analysis solutions that can generate and inspect video signals in real-time at speeds of up to 100Gbps. We develop technology for both emerging and existing broadcast solutions, working with both IP and SDI standards to enable our customers to deliver and broadcast high-quality 4K, High-Dynamic-Range (HDR), High-Frame-Rate content. Our solutions are used globally by many of the largest broadcasters, Outside Broadcast (OB) trucks, electronics manufacturers, and video production environments.
We’re seeking strong, dedicated, and self-motivated Software Engineers with a keen interest in learning and innovating with the latest and emerging technologies and standards. A successful candidate will have a solid background in designing and developing re-usable, high-quality solutions for embedded platforms, with strong analytical and technical abilities, excellent organisational and communication skills, an ability to learn quickly and to deliver results in a fast-paced environment.
You will join our rapidly growing engineering team to lead the development and innovation of new signal analysis and generation solutions, working from product specification through to implementation and validation. You will learn about and work across the entire software stack, from high-level software (that powers our UI, integration services and control software) all the way down to the bespoke Linux device drivers that interface with our custom hardware. You will learn about emerging broadcast technologies and will build solutions that use them, leveraging some of the latest embedded-compute platforms. Some of the technologies used within our products include Qt, Linux, C++, Yocto, ARM and FPGAs.
You will have the option of hybrid working but will be required to travel to our HQ office in Thatcham when needed (e.g. for on-site collaborative meetings or where you need to be hands-on with physical hardware).
- Degree in Computer Science, related field or other relevant and equivalent experience
- 5+ years of relevant software development experience with a track record of successful delivery through the entire software development lifecycle
- Professional experience delivering multi-threaded solutions in an object-orientated language such as C++, Go, Rust, etc
- Experience of contributing to the architecture and design of new products as well as code refactor for existing products
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented design
- Experience in current best practices for software development, including design reviews, coding standards, code reviews, source control management, CI, build processes, testing, and operations.
In addition to the required qualifications, the following experience is preferred:
- Experience with Qt or other demonstrable UI/UX experience
- Experience developing solutions for embedded platforms
OTHER RELEVANT EXPERIENCE
Although not a pre-requisite, the following experience would be useful for the role but can otherwise be learnt on the job:
- Experience developing Linux device drivers and an in-depth understanding of the Linux operating system
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals including TCP/IP, routing and multicast.
- Experience designing, developing and working with RESTful interfaces
- Experience working with cross-functional teams including close product development with hardware and FPGA engineers to provide a full system solution
- Competitive salary, bonus scheme and pension
- Hybrid working, with flexible hours
- Opportunities to travel to industry tradeshows, conferences and events
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Death in Service scheme – 4 x salary
- On site Gym
- Cycle to work scheme
- On-site staff parking with free to use EV charging points
- Medical, Dental and Optical healthcare scheme
Full time, permanent
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your CV and covering letter to HR@phabrix.com