Are you interested in working in a fast-paced industry, shaping the future of live media content production? Do you want to build innovative tooling that supports the very latest emerging technologies within the broadcast and video production industries?
PHABRIX builds reliable and versatile test and measurement solutions that allow broadcasters and content creators to commission, debug and monitor their video-delivery systems and content workflows. We deliver innovative rasterizer and analysis solutions that can generate and inspect video signals in real-time at speeds of up to 100Gbps. We develop technology for both emerging and existing broadcast solutions, working with both IP and SDI standards to enable our customers to deliver and broadcast high-quality 4K, High-Dynamic-Range (HDR), High-Frame-Rate content. Our solutions are used globally by many of the largest broadcasters, Outside Broadcast (OB) trucks, electronics manufacturers, and video production environments.
We’re seeking strong, dedicated, and self-motivated Hardware Engineers with a keen interest in learning and innovating with the latest and emerging technologies and standards. A successful candidate will have a solid background in designing and developing re-usable, high-quality solutions for embedded platforms, with strong analytical and technical abilities, excellent organisational and communication skills, an ability to learn quickly and to deliver results in a fast-paced environment.
You will join our rapidly growing engineering team to lead the development and innovation of new signal analysis and generation solutions, working from product specification through to implementation and validation. You will learn about emerging broadcast technologies and will build solutions that use them.
You will have the option of hybrid working but will be required to travel to our HQ office in Thatcham when needed (e.g. for on-site collaborative meetings or where you need to be hands-on with physical hardware).
• Work with experienced team of Hardware, FPGA and software engineers to design, prototype and introduce new cutting-edge hardware using high end FPGAs and CPUs
• Maintain hardware design capability including evaluation and introduction of new tools
• Support local manufacturing to improve yield and efficiency through improvements in test automation and DFM/DFT
• Maintain existing products and address component availability issues
• Degree or equivalent qualified
• 5+ years of relevant hardware development experience with a track record of successful delivery of product through the design, validation and release process
• Emphasis on high speed digital board level circuit design; Analogue knowledge and experience useful.
• Schematic entry and providing PCB layout guidance.
• Experience of contributing to the architecture and design of new products
• OrCAD, PADS/Allegro schematic and PCB design tools
• Knowledge of high speed interfaces such as DDR4, PCI Express, DisplayPort, USB and 10/25/100G Ethernet
• Knowledge of broadcast industry interfaces such as SDI, AES and MADI
• Experience with SI modelling
• EMC and safety testing
• Competitive salary, bonus scheme and pension
• Hybrid working, with flexible hours
• Opportunities to travel to industry tradeshows, conferences and events
• 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
• Death in Service scheme – 4 x salary
• On site Gym
• Cycle to Work scheme
• On-site staff parking with free to use EV charging points
• Medical, Dental and Optical healthcare scheme
Full time, permanent
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your CV and covering letter to HR@phabrix.com