Are you interested in working in a fast-paced industry, shaping the future of live media content production? Do you want to build innovative tooling that supports the very latest emerging technologies within the broadcast and video production industries?
PHABRIX builds reliable and versatile test and measurement solutions that allow broadcasters and content creators to commission, debug and monitor their video-delivery systems and content workflows. We deliver innovative rasterizer and analysis solutions that can generate and inspect video signals in real-time at speeds of up to 100Gbps. We develop technology for both emerging and existing broadcast solutions, working with both IP and SDI standards to enable our customers to deliver and broadcast high-quality 4K, High-Dynamic-Range (HDR), High-Frame-Rate content. Our solutions are used globally by many of the largest broadcasters, Outside Broadcast (OB) trucks, electronics manufacturers, and video production environments.
We’re seeking a strong, dedicated, and self-motivated Test Automation Engineer with a keen interest in learning and innovating with the latest and emerging technologies and standards. A successful candidate will have a solid background in designing and developing re-usable, high-quality solutions for testing and verification, with strong analytical and technical abilities, excellent organisational and communication skills, an ability to learn quickly and to deliver results in a fast-paced environment.
You will have the option of hybrid working but will be required to travel to our HQ office in Thatcham when needed (e.g. for on-site collaborative meetings or where you need to be hands-on with physical hardware).
• Involvement with the R&D Continuous Integration system, integrating automated testing, adding and maintaining automated tests.
• Acting 2nd-line support
• Verification of each software release
• Some manual and code-based exploratory testing of the products during development.
• Attending industry interoperability events and trade shows
In addition to the required qualifications, the following experience is preferred:
• Preferably degree level in engineering, science or equivalent
• 5+ years test experience
• 3+ years test automation
• Practical Python development experience. Python 3 preferred
• Git or equivalent SCM
• Jenkins or equivalent CI
• Use of RESTful APIs
• Preferably, but not mandatory, PyTest (since this is the framework we work with)
• Mandatory, being comfortable with object-oriented programming or functional programming
• Preferably, but not mandatory, experience writing software libraries.
OTHER RELEVANT EXPERIENCE
Although not a pre-requisite, the following experience would be useful for the role but can otherwise be learnt on the job:
• Broadcast video and audio
• Some knowledge of IP and networking technologies, in particular 2110 and AMWA specifications
• Container technologies (e.g. Docker)
• Bash scripting
• Using standard specifications (e.g. SMPTE)
• Competitive salary, bonus scheme and pension
• Hybrid working, with flexible hours
• Opportunities to travel to industry tradeshows, conferences and events
• 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
• Death in Service scheme – 4 x salary
• On site Gym
• Cycle to work scheme
• On-site staff parking with free to use EV charging points
Full time, permanent
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your CV and covering letter to HR@phabrix.com